* The registrant of a domain (any Hetzner Online customer who purchases a .com or .net domain, hereafter designated as "the Domain Registrant") agrees to all of the following:
- The Domain Registrant is prohibited from using the domain to distribute malware; to operate forms of abuse such as botnets, phishing, pharming, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement; or to engage in fraudulent or deceptive practices, counterfeiting, or any other criminal activity. If the Domain Registrant abuses the domain, the registration of the domain may be suspended as a consequence.
- Verisign reserves the right to deny, cancel, redirect, or transfer any registration or transaction. Verisign may also place any domain name(s) on registry lock, hold, or similar status as it deems necessary, in its unlimited and sole discretion:
- to comply with specifications adopted by any industry group generally recognized as authoritative with respect to the Internet (e.g. RFCs),
- to correct mistakes made by Verisign or any Registrar in connection with a domain name registration,
- for the non-payment of fees to Verisign,
- to protect against imminent and substantial threats to the security and stability of the Registry TLD, System, Verisign's nameserver operations or the internet,
- to ensure compliance with applicable law, government rules or regulations, or pursuant to any legal order or subpoena of any government, administrative or governmental authority, or court of competent jurisdiction, and/or
- to stop or prevent any violations of any terms and conditions of this Domain Name Agreement between the Domain Registrant and Hetzner Online, Verisign's Operational Requirements, or pursuant to Verisign's Registry Agreement with ICANN.
- The Domain Registrant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the .com .and .net Registry Operator, Verisign, Inc., as well as ICANN, and its directors, officers, employees, agents, and affiliates from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees and expenses arising out of or relating to the Registered Name holder's domain name registration. Both the Registrar as well as individuals or entities that have been explicitly authorized by the Prior Registrant or New Registrant for this purpose shall be considered designated agents of the registered name holder with regard to the management and registration of a domain name with regard to ICANN, registry or other parties involved in the registration process.
For additional information, the customer should refer to the ICANN Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) (https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/dndr-2012-02-25-en).
For additional information on Registrants' Benefits and Responsibilities, please refer to ICANN policies (https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/approved-with-specs-2013-09-17-en#registrant).